Oligosens Pro - Liposomal Curcuma Resveratrol
Curcumin : The "essential heart of turmeric"Curcuma Longa is a plant in the Zingiberaceae family which is cultivated in India, China and other tropical countries. The dried, powdered root is used as a spice and gives curry its characteristic yellow colour. Since time immemorial this plant has been viewed as protective, anti-inflammatory, stimulant or aphrodisiac. Standardised extract of Curcuminoides (often incorrectly called Curcumin) is obtained from turmeric powder according to a sophisticated process. The proportion of Curcuminoid extract that is obtained is between 3% and 7%. Integrating turmeric in everyday cooking is therefore an excellent idea, but to have a real therapeutic effect it is preferable to use a well-formulated nutritional supplement in an adequate dose. Briefly, it takes about 80 grams of turmeric to extract 2.5 grams of curcumin, the active molecule that is needed.
Indications for curcuminoids
- Anti-inflammatory effect : natural analgesics or anti-inflammatories are rare. Curcuminoids are therefore valuable because their effects are comparable to those of anti-inflammatory medications. They achieve this without causing gastrointestinal problems or having an adverse effect on the heart. Curcumin does not harm the stomach lining.
- Anti-cancer effect: curcuminoids neutralise free radicals and limit damage to DNA and tissues. This anti-cancer effect can be explained by the fact that the active substance inhibits angiogenesis (preventing the formation of new blood vessels), inflammation and metastasis. When used as an adjuvant to the usual treatments for cancer (radiotherapy and chemotherapy), many studies have shown that curcuminoids enhance their therapeutic effects. They make cancer cells more sensitive to chemical treatments and may reduce the undesirable effects of those treatments.
- Effects on the eyes : curcuminoids are effective in people with uveitis (inflammation of the vascular wall of the eye) whether this is due to an auto-immune cause or the result of another disease. They can also treat diabetic retinopathy and micro-angiopathy because they improve the circulation of blood within the vessels of the eye and improve visual acuity. Other studies seem to show that curcuminoids have an effect in preventing the formation of cataracts.
- Effects on the brain : curcuminoids may prove to be preventative in Alzheimer's disease, since they reduce the deposits of amyloid (cerebral plaques) that are seen as the disease progresses.
- Anti-thrombotic effect : curcumin prevents peroxidation of lipids, including "peroxidised" cholesterol, the kind that is deposited on the walls of arteries and poses a risk of blocking them. This beneficial effect on cholesterol, combined with its anti-inflammatory and fluidifying effects, reduces the risk of platelet aggregation and helps to keep the blood fluid. Curcumin can therefore be seen as helping to prevent thromboses.
Resveratrol : a major ingredient in vines and wine
In viticulture, resveratrol is a natural antifungal. Grape vines synthesise it in huge quantities, in response to infection with Botrytis cinerea. Resveratrol acts as an antibiotic against this organism and strengthens the vine's natural defences. This polyphenol is located in the skin of the grape, forming one of its natural defences. It is difficult to estimate the quantity of resveratrol in wines, since it depends on all the conditions under which grapes are grown and wine is made. There is less and less resveratrol in red wine due to the widespread use of chemical products.
Indications for resveratrol
- Cardiovascular : resveratrol is more effective than vitamin E and even the World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that it reduces cardiovascular risk by almost 40% due to its antithrombotic and anti-cholesterol effects. By dilating arteries it also has a powerful antioxidant effect which slows the development of arteriosclerosis. Resveratrol is also thought to be the cause of the enigma which is referred to in the English speaking world as the "French paradox", namely: despite a diet which is rather rich in fats, why do French people have lower rates of cardiovascular diseases than other industrialised countries ? The answer can probably be found in the resveratrol in red wine.
- Anti-cancer : resveratrol also has remarkable anti-cancer properties. It combats the formation of free radicals, protects DNA from the damage caused by chemical products and neutralises carcinogenic substances in the liver. These were the findings published in the prestigious journal "Science": resveratrol is active at all three phases of tumour development (initiation, promotion and progression). It kills cancer cells, whether or not they are oestrogen-dependent and blocks the development of bony metastases in certain types of cancer. Other studies have shown that it potentiates the effects of chemotherapy because it protects healthy cells.
- Effects on the brain : another study has shown that resveratrol may help neurons in the brain to survive oxidative stress. The researchers showed that it can reduce the natural process of cell death in the brain by 40%. Hence the interest in using the substance to prevent degenerative diseases (Parkinson's and Alzheimer's). Liposomal Curcuma-resveratrol : is a combination of curcumin and resveratrol in a liposomal form. We have explained all the benefits of this form of delivery in the introductory section on liposomal products. This technology is all the more useful in the case of curcumin because it is difficult to absorb from the bowel, which often limits its therapeutic effects. In this phospholipid or liposomal form, curcumin has a therapeutic effectiveness approximately 20 times higher than the curcumin powder contained in traditional gel capsules.
- General : recommended dose: 6 ml of Liposomal Curcuma-Resveratrol once daily with a glass of fruit juice.
- In cancer (alongside chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy): 6 ml twice daily in a glass of fruit juice.
- Shake the bottle gently before use.
- Keep bottle in the refrigerator after opening.
- Use within 45 days of opening.
Per 6568.14 mg: Purified water - Vitis Vinifera 300 mg (25% resveratrol) - Curcuma Longa 210.53 mg (95% curcuminoids) - Deoiled soya lecithin 192 mg (Glycine Max Extract) - Oleic acid - Orange flavour (natural origin) - Potassium sorbate.
Bottle containing 180 ml (liquid product)
6 ml of liposomal curcuma-resveratrol with 200 mg of curcuminoids (curcumin) and 75 mg of resveratrol.